ECCO QUALCOSA CHE DEVI PRIMA SAPERE:
- le passeggiate guidate "free tours" non sono gratuite, ma prevedono un compenso per ciascun turista sotto forma di "mancia";
- i "volontari" fanno le guide turistiche spesso senza abilitazione e senza specifiche competenze locali;
- le loro associazioni "culturali no profit" sono coperture per il lavoro nero e l'evasione fiscale di cui sarai complice.
VENICE "FREE TOUR" SCAM:
THINKING OF DOING A FREE TOUR IN VENICE? THINK AGAIN.
- the tours aren't free: you pay a "tip", 20 - 30 euro a pop
- run by lucrative, highly organized, bogus non-profit operations (to get your sympathy and dodge tax)
- illegal. staff lack the accreditation and background checks required to work as guides in Italy
- despised by locals as disrespectful, ill-informed and intrusive.
|Roberto Bottazzo sui free tour|
The persons conducting the tours are paid in tips only, which means low payment with no guaranteed income or employment. No professional qualification for conducting the tours is required. These are only short term engagements and could be seen as a way of exploiting young people who often report that this is a type of "slavery market" developed outside the professional labour market rules.
Many tour organisers demand their "guides" pay them a commission of 3 - 5 EURO per participant, so it's no surprise that the person guiding presses tourists to give tips. This amount is comparative to what a visitor-consumer would pay to attend any legally organised and advertised guided group tour conducted by a professionally qualified tourist guide.
The European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations and the World Federation of Tourist Guide Associations stress that several legal issues are raised and must be confronted by relevant authorities on international, European and national levels. They urge consumers, advertising-practice
committees and members of government to act against this ever-growing "black labour" market.
(FEG European Federation of Tourist Guide Associations - April 6th, 2017)
Newspaper about illegal free tour